What is the KGCA Development Committee?

Are you considering developing property in Killarney Glengarry?  The Development Committee of the Killarney-Glengarry Community Association is a volunteer group committed to enhancing the diversity of our Community’s building landscape and to enhancing community life through the support of development projects in our neighbourhood.

The Development Team meets twice a month at the KGCA Hall (2828 28th St SW). The meetings are open to the public. 

What we do

The Killarney-Glengarry Development Committee reviews and responds to the Development Permit and Land Use applications circulated by the City of Calgary.

  • We represent the interests of the Community on planning related issues.
  • We strive to achieve expertise in our knowledge of the land use zoning designations and by-laws in effect in our community, and in all aspects of inner-city Land Development.
  • We actively seek opportunities to communicate with Residents and Developers, with the City of Calgary, with other Community Associations and with other stakeholders on planning and land use issues.

Important Development Information:

Thinking of Extending Your Driveway? Read This!

The below message is from the City of Calgary Animal & Bylaw Services team and is worth reading if you are thinking of renovating the front of your property: Spring is here, which means you might be thinking about starting home renovation projects like building a garage, deck or even extending your existing driveway.

Extended front driveways impact pedestrian safety and prevent street parking, leaving visitors to your community without a place to park. In addition, they prevent front of home landscaping opportunities.

Landscaping is an integral function of a community because it supports proper water drainage, helps replenish ground water which supports the maintenance of trees, and helps prevent increased temperatures in cities. In addition, landscaping allows The City and its partners easier access to utility right of ways.

Extending your driveway requires a permit and installing a hard surface along the entire front of your property is prohibited by City policies and bylaws in many cases.

Before you begin or hire a licensed contractor, find out what City of Calgary requirements might be required before you make a large investment. For this and other property development or building questions, call The City’s Planning Services Call Centre at 403-268-5311. They are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.