Are you a mom? Overwhelmed? Tired? Feeling alone? Home-Start can help. Home-Start is a free program coordinated by Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary that offers support to families, with young children, who may be experiencing a variety of issues. Any family with at least one child under 5 years of age can contact Home-Start.
Issues can include:
- Feeling alone
- Postpartum depression
- Parenting and/or family stresses
- Caring for twins and triplets
- Being new to Canada
- Illness in the family
Trained volunteers with parenting experience will visit a family’s home once per week to offer friendship, encouragement, and practical support.
Interested in getting involved?
- For more info, contact Home-Start or visit their website
- North Calgary: 403-660-6809
- South Calgary: 403-660-1136